Sunday, August 29, 2010

OK So I finally have a chance to catch up on last week's happening's.

Monday & Tuesday: Was Logan's last day of therapy in the community He will no longer receive Speech, O.T. or P.T. Since he will be starting School on Monday there is just no time, he will get it in School though but it will not be the same. I am really going to miss his therapist's I really enjoyed all of them. They taught Logan so much and he has learned so much in a short period of time.

Wednesday: I had a friend come over with her kids and we had a play date all day. My Friend Katie watches a three year old during the week so she brought him over to play with Logan and they had a good time playing together except Logan did not want to share his toys with Shawn. Shawn would get on Logan's ride a long and Logan would say no Shawn mine.. Over the past few weeks Logan does not like anyone touching his toys not even his sisters. Logan has just been a little pill lately not getting what he wants and he will start to cry and throw a fit of course that is our fault because when he is getting feed through the G-Tube and he wants something we will always give it to him so he will not scream and throw up.

Thursday: I took the girls and there best friend Maddie to the Skating rink while my Mom watched Logan. They had a great time Skating and falling down :)

Friday: It was Richard's Birthday he turned 37 wooohooo... So Richard and the girls went to the movies to go see Cats and Dogs they really liked that movie. It was also meet the teacher day, I love all of the kids Teachers and I hope they will thrive in School this year.

Saturday: I planned on taking Richard out to Dinner and a movie but Logan's Respite Nurse called and said she was sick so I went to Redbox and rented The Backup Plan and Death at a Funeral. Both movies were really good.

Today is time spent at home getting all the kids ready for School in the morning, Doing Laundry, Getting School Supplies ready and talking to the kids about going back to School and getting back into a routine. Sounds like fun right....

It is a good thing we did not go out Saturday night because Logan started to get a runny nose and now is congested, I can not believe he got sick right before School is about to start. He has no fever so far but I have been giving him Pedialyte so he won't throw up. He has been getting sick a lot lately and when he does he is sick for a week. I will take him to School in the morning because I have to talk to the RN and give her the low down on Logan and I will see what she has to say. I have a feeling he will be missing a lot of School this year. (which is fine by me).

These last few days I have been having a very hard time letting Logan go to School, I can not seem to cut the cord. We went to meet his Teacher Friday and I just broke down crying ,I could not help myself. Then last night I started to cry again and now today my stomach hurts. I found out he will be the only child with a G-Tube and the only child in a wheel chair, hearing this makes me very sad. I can see it now all the other kids are on the playground playing and Logan is stuck in his wheelchair watching the kids play, just thinking about this makes me cry. He is so very different than all of the other kids there. I just have to work even harder than I am now to get him to walk. The only reason I am sending him to School is so he can interact with other kids his age and hopefully by seeing them walk to get around it will inspire him to want to do the same thing. So we will see who does more crying tomorrow me or him...

1 comment:

The Portas said...

I know our situations are different, but I really do feel your pain. Letting Elijah go to preschool was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I almost changed my mind about it because I just did not want to let go. But, I'm really glad I did let him go. He has thrived beyond our wildest imagination since he started school! I hope Logan has as good of an experience and I hope you begin to feel some peace. It will get easier as the weeks go on, but with our special little guys it will probably never be EASY.

Elijah isn't in a wheelchair, but he is light years behind the other children when it comes to gross motor. It was really hard for me to watch the kids plow over him, and to see him stand on the playground equipment but not wanting to move an inch because he knew there was no way he could keep up. :( It's just a part of who they are and I have to believe certain valuable lessons will come from this aspect of being in school.

Hang in there. Please let me know if you ever want to chat! I truly sympathize with you!!