Monday, August 24, 2009

Richard was able to get a little smile out of him


Logan fell asleep holding daddy's finger

Here he is reaching for bubbles


Girls First day of school



As of 4pm today Logan is doing really good, They were going to try and put him on 7oz of pediasure then 45 minutes later give him an ounce of water. They will be doing this every three hours 5 times a day.

He finally got his pace wires and all of his chest tubes out today, Dr Ciccolo said they were not draining that much. But they did up his Lasix and his tummy is very bloated he has alot of fluid in there. Also his blood Pressure was very high when we got there this morning 175/104 so they upped his Enalapril and his blood pressure came down to 125/88 it is still high but much better.

After the nurse brought in some bubbles Richard was able to get him to smile and even sign "more", for more bubbles and laugh a little. Around 1:30 he started screaming and you could tell he was in so much pain so they gave him some morphine then pulled out his chest tubes so by the time we left around 2:30 he was finally asleep.

From there we went to pick the kids up from school and they had a great day. Alicia has 2 pages of homework on the first day and Elizabeth has none. I cannot believe they are in third grade.

Thanks so much for all of your prayers and checking in on Logan.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

He looks SO big laying in the bed in that first picture!
I'm glad to hear that he's doing so good!
Keep it up Logan!

Jeannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeannie said...

Sorry. That was my post I deleted because I had too many typos. Anyway, I love the pictures. The first one of Logan is very cute and the girls look great on their first day.

Unknown said...

So I was just doing my rounds of checking up on our blogger friends and Kathy posted about Logan having surgery and I freaked out. I can't believe it's been that long since I've checked on you guys. The summer is flying by. I am SO glad Logan is being a trooper. He looks amazing! Keep up the good work little man!

The Portas said...

YAY for the smiles and bubbles!! I'm soo glad to read such a good report. It really sounds like he is continuing to do great. What a champ!! We're so proud of you, Logan!

I hope you guys are hanging in there, too. Post-surgery stuff and hospital life can really wear on parents. Praying for you all! Kisses to that cutie boy. xo

Unknown said...

Hi, I found your site through a web search for "pulmonary valve"!

Your son's diagnosis is very similar to my 3 year old's. He had his 3rd surgery last year for a biventricular repair (not the Fontan). Glad to hear your son is doing well.

Ravi