Monday, March 22, 2010

Alicia had her I.E.P. Meeting this morning at school and the outcome will stay the same, basically getting her to improve on her skills that she is lacking. Her Reading fluency is great but when she is reading she reads to fast and does not pause at the end of a period. Because she is reading so fast she does not understand what she just read. She also struggles on answering the "wh" type of questions. So I will be working on her Reading Comprehension at home.
Both girls go to the Oddessy Math Computer program after School for additional help I talked with there Teachers and they both said they can come 3x a week instead of everyday. They were both starting to get overwhelmed. They have school all day then computer lab then come home and do Homework, it was all just to overwhelming for them so hopefully this will ease that.

So my little man Logan is just a little cutie pie, As you all know he can only say a few words so that being said. All the words he can say he says 5,000 times a day, I am not joking. He will say all at once and after each name he will pause. Mama, Dada, La La (Elizabeth & Alicia), Papa, BB (BB is uncle Brian) After every time he says a persons name I will tell Logan were they are at Work, School, home etc. Richard has taught him a new word so now he adds that to the list Drawer.
Logan also watches Sesame Street 4-5 times a day only when he is being feed by G-Tube it gives him something to do other than stair at the wall, plus I know he is learning because he always will interact every time he watches it and he gets so excited. Sesame Street has a letter of the day on every episode the other day he was watching and the letter was "D" so he now says that everyday as well.

OK Last week Alicia wanted to tell me something but she wanted to whisper in my ear and told me to promise I would not say anything to Elizabeth so I said OK I promise I will not say anything to Elizabeth. She whispers in my ear that Elizabeth Loves Dane and wants to marry him.
I remember a few months back when Elizabeth told me about this boy in her class that She thinks is cute and always stairs at her. She would say Mommy this boy named Dane we are always staring at each other I think he is cute. I told Richard and he said I am not ready for that yet, I said to him neither am I :)

1 comment:

The Portas said...

We can relate to the repeating of a word 5,000 times. Elijah has always been really good at that, too. :) I guess they're just getting it down, right?

Ooooohhh, Elizabeth and Dane! How funny. Dan always says it's a good thing we don't have girls because he would be beating up a lot of men. :)

Have a good Wednesday! xo