Friday, May 1, 2015

It never ends.....


Logan had another seizure this morning...

I had to take the girls to the orthodontist this morning then I dropped them off at school at 9am. We then head on over to therapy. I get him out of the car and he is pail, clammy and can barely walk. I walk inside tell his therapist what is going on and then we leave.
Since my mom lives close by, I drive to her house so he can sleep, we are almost there and he throws up in the car. When we get to my mom's he falls asleep while I am trying to change his clothes. And he sleeps for 2 hrs.  When logan wakes up he is fine and acting like himself again.

I called Dr. Maller and told the nurse what was going on. She said they are going to have a at home 24 hr EEG done and to increase his meds to 10 ml twice a day. I told the nurse that I was reading something about sodium levels being low when taking high doeses of lamictal and it also causes more seizures. He has had 3 this week. I am waiting on a call back to see if they want to order lab work.
I really think they need to change his seizure meds but I don't think she will do anything until after his EEG is done.

I am beyond frustrated and mentally exhausted. I am hoping to have answers soon.
 

No comments: