Friday, August 29, 2008

OK, I am up right now and it is 1am, Logan woke up crying and he threw up everywhere. I cleaned him up and held him for a little bit.
Since I am up I might as well say how our day went on Thursday. The girls were at school all day and they did good in there classes. Elizabeth has her first school project coming up she has to design a college with pictures of her family and clipping from magazines. It is due next Wednesday I am looking forward to helping her with her project this weekend. Alicia is doing good. She had her first spelling test and did great out of fifteen words she only missed one. She is very good when it comes to her spelling tests, of course I drill her every day.
Logan did good today, he only threw up once and that was just now. He did not take anything by mouth today oh I take that back he did chew on his sippy cup and got a little juice out.
He had Therapy today his developmentalist from N.E.I.S. Michelle comes out to our house twice a week and He just adores her which is very rare for Logan to like somebody. He was laying on his side and Michelle gave him a little push and then he was on his tummy, he actually for the first time pulled his left arm out from under neath him and brought it forward I was so excited that was the first time he has ever done that. Next she gave him a little nudge and he rolled on the other side and pulled his right arm out. I am very happy to see him pulling his arms out from underneath him. Being his left side of his body is very week this was a HUGE step for him. Other than that, that was my day. Well Logan is finally asleep so I am going back to bed now. Goodnight

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Karen...
YOU DID IT!!! YEAH for you!
(you'll notice that I'm always saying YEAH...I have to cheer Isaac on ALL day...and lucky for everyone else, they get cheers too!)

THe blog looks fabulous!! You're going to love it. The support from other heart mamas, questions that you can ask and they will answer, but more...for me it's like a journal. I tell the good and the bad...and it's really nice to look back and see the pictures with what happened that day to see how far we've come!!!

Ok...I'm calling you today.
Hope you have a good one!!!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I ever left a note on a blog, but this is the best I've ever seen! ha Love the kid! - Aunt Ann

Jeannie said...

I love checking blogs. I'll add you to my favorites. Have I invited you to my blog yet? (My husband made me go private so I have to send an invitation). Do you have more than one email address? What address should I use? I have to give you this link to my sister's blog. She loves coupons and saving money too and she has a whole blog about it. http://real-lifefrugality.blogspot.com/

The kids look great! I'm glad the girls are enjoying school. The are so grown up!

Unknown said...

Hi Karen,

My name is Vanessa and Kathy told us about you starting a new blog! I've known Kathy for awhile now and she has such a blessing in my life. I'm also a heart mom (and DiGeorge Mom)to my sweet 21 month old daughter, Arianna.

I would love to keep up with you and add you to my heart buddies link if you don't mind?

Our blog is set to private so if you email me at nessa1880@yahoo.com and tell me who you are I can send you an invite to our blog.

Nice to meet you!

Vanessa

Tina:0) said...

Hi, there! Another fellow heart momma & friend of Kathy (& Vanessa). My daughter - Nevaeh (or Vaeh as well call her!) has TOF, along with some other little kwirks of the TOF!

Kathy is right, you'll find a lot of friends in this blogging world. I'd love to add Logan & you to our heart friends list! Please stop by Vaeh's blog at http://nevaehkaylenewalp.blogspot.com/ Let me know if its okay to add him/ you!

BTW - you & I are kindred spirits! I'm a stay at home mom with a truck driving husband, too! Jon leaves usually on Sunday & gets home on Friday. Sometimes we get to see him for short stints during the week, but not regularly! Hope to chat soon!

Tina & Vaeh:0)

Kelly said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! You'll get sucked in, that's for sure!

Kathy is a friend of ours whom we met while our Angel Brooklyn was at Stanford. She has a twin sister Aubrey who is home, healthy and doing well. She turns one in October, so I can relate to Logan and where he's at! =)

Your family is beautiful and Logan is adorable! Here's our blog: www.aviewintoourlives.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thats my little buddy...make sure you put more pics of him up:) Uncle B.

Anonymous said...

Mom
I have never written on a blog before, but wanted to say it looks really good.
Dad & I are also very proud of the way you have taken care of Logan & the girls. It's good that you can have the support of other Mom's that are going thru the same things as you are.
We love all of you very much.
Love Mom & Dad

Samantha said...

Hi Karen,

My name is Samantha and I am another heart mom that got sent to you from Kathy :) Just wanted to say hi and let you know that I plan to keep up with your family now too!

Feel free to stop by and read up about my kiddos at www.caringbridge.org/visit/micahmajor I also keep a blog of pictures at jonathan-samantha-major.blogspot.com

Have a fantastic long weekend and I look forward to hearing all sorts of good things about your little ones.

Mandy said...

Karen,

I guess I don't need to warn you about how many people my sister (Kathy) will have checking in with you all the time. :) I'm glad that all you moms have people to talk with. Kathy will try explaining things to me but since I'm not going thru what she goes thru it's hard to understand sometimes. I'm glad you two found out about each other and beware.... there will be more moms to come!!!

Oh, and yes, if there is a surgery or important doctor appointment that you post about, the moms will start stressing if you don't give them updates during the day. Sometimes I think they sit at home just waiting to see when a post will go up. :)