Tuesday, October 21, 2008





OK so Logan went and saw his GI Surgeon today because of his Hernia and she said she does not need to operate. The hernia is the size of a marble and it is not big enough to go in and take it out, so in 3 months we go back in and have an upper GI to see if it is getting bigger, for now she will just watch it to make sure it does not grow any bigger. I was kinda hoping she would operate so she would redo his fundoplication. She said he is just to complex with him having a big Liver and all his organs reversed it is just to hard to do. The only way she will go in is if the Hernia gets bigger. And I said what about him throwing up every single feed. You know what she told me well just put him on a continues feed yeah right and when is he supposed to get down on the floor and play, roll over, sit or learn to walk NEVER... You can tell I am not happy. She Suggested a GJtube I said no way I do not want him in the ER every week because it falls out also having a bag attached to his hip that would really set him back. So for now I will just continue to dilute his formula give him his meds and watch him throw up every 3 hours. She did not want me diluting his formula because then he is not getting the calories he needs, well I am not worried about that right now she said he is a chunk, he is a big boy but he did lose a pound even though you can not tell. He is in the 75th percentile on his weight and height. He is now 14 1/2 months old 31.9 inches long and 23lbs 4oz.
Other than that is is doing great He is all over the place. When he is on his back he pushes his feet on the ground to slide everywhere even the tile after a couple of minutes he will start to cry because every time he lifts his head up it will hit the tile OUCH, I have to keep an eye on him.
I also have to add that he has been a very happy baby lately (at home) just laughing all the time and screaming and saying dada really loud he does not know what he is saying but my husband is loving it. Thanks for all your prayers for my Dad he is getting better every day.

3 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Sometimes I wish these docs that have "all the answers" about what to do with our kids would actually come take care of them for 24 hours! Then maybe they would understand where we're coming from!

Hang in there... I never thought that Vaeh would quit throwing up or eat, & she's done both! It only took her about a year and a half (lol)!

Keep your chin up... your doing a great job!

The Portas said...

I wish his happy-babiness would rub off on our crabbypants baby!

Sorry to hear about the no answers from the GI doc. I was hoping you could get at least an answer about the throwing up. Poor kid, that can't be comfortable at all having to deal with that all the time. And Mama, too!

Keep being your happy, cute, chubby self, Logan! Sending you lots of hugs. oxoxo

Kathy said...

He does look super happy!! Doing the back scoot...huh?

Don't be too frustrated...ok, maybe a little...but, we'll get that little man straightened out soon enough!!!

See you on Saturday!!