Wednesday, December 17, 2008




































Logan went and followed up with the dermatologist yesterday and the Doctor said no baths what so ever all Winter long continue to use Cetaphil Cleanser, Cortisone cream and Lotions all over his body and it has been helping. I am still having a hard time with his left cheek so the Doc said to use the Cortisone and then put on Zinc Cream and that will help it get better.
This morning Logan had O.T. Robert came out to our house and Logan did pretty good with sitting and reaching for a toy with his right hand only we are trying to get him to reach with his left and also trying to get him to roll on his back when he is on his tummy but that is a long road ahead of us. First we have to get him rolling on his tummy and not by accident.
Today there was no school because of Parent Teacher Conference, which we had Monday. I was told the girls do not qualify for a 504 plan because they do not have behavioral problems. They were tested in all of the academics and there lowest scores were in Math so at this point they both would qualify to be pulled out for Special Ed but before that can happen there has to be an Intervention and that period is for 6 weeks so as of right now the School and myself will be working with them to improve in the skills they are lacking. I will find out in February if they will qualify for Special Ed. It's like I almost want to not help them so they will be able to go.
Anyway well today it finally snowed at our house, It snowed Monday on the West side of town my parents got 2" but nothing for us. Finally today around 2pm it started snowing really heavy and it still is right now. Here are alot of pictures I took of the girls we had such a blast I was out back helping them build a snowman, I even took Logan out for a few minutes and he did not want to go back inside the house. I had the girls go outside and throw snowballs at the window while Logan and I were inside and he was laughing so hard he just thought it was so funny. I took a picture of him while he was trying to lick the window. And the News is saying there might not be any school in the morning they are thinking about making it a snow day, we will find out in the morning. We have already gotten 5". Enjoy the photos. Thanks for checking in on us. Karen

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

Isn't the snow so FUN! We are on track break so either way we will have a snow day tomorrow! Even though I grew to hate snow when I lived in Utah, I think it is so pretty. I got nothing done today because I couldn't stop watching it.

Anonymous said...

Karen!!! Hey girl! Look at you in all that snow. I bet the kids are having a blast?! What a treat. Sure miss you guys. Thanx so much for your Christmas card. Didn't know you had a blog. How fun! We just got some snow and some -30 degree weather to go with it here in Omaha. (not fun) Only 3 more months of it to go. ha ha. I sent your card off in the mail earlier this week. Give the kids a big hug. Love you guys! Teresa

The Portas said...

I still can't believe all that crazy Vegas snow! Crazy!!

I really hope your girls can get the help they need. How frustrating that it takes so much effort and worry to get it. Ugh!

Logan will start rolling all around before you know it. I have always felt overwhelmed by Elijah's lack of progress in the gross motor area, but it all does come together. When he starts doing more, you're going to squeal with delight!

Take care...stay healthy, too! Oxoxo

Kathy said...

That pic of Logan licking the window is priceless!

and your little snowman. We tried to build one...but, the kids kept knocking it down!