Thursday, January 22, 2009









Well I am doing much better, I am able to get around the house alot easier now, Picking up Logan a little bit every day, pretty soon I will be back to my old self.
The kids are doing great Monday there was no school so we all sat around the house and watched TV all day and relaxed. Tuesday Logan had OT Robert from NEIS came over and Logan cried the entire time and Robert did not even touch Logan. Robert gave me alot of suggestions for Logan as for when all his therapists come over he was saying for me to take pictures of the Therapists blow them up and make a book out of them to show him everyday and maybe he will get used to them, another suggestion was for me or Richard to tell Logan we are leaving the room and will be right back then when we return tell Logan we are back and maybe this will assure him that we are and will return. Logan only has separation anxiety when he sees daddy leave the room not mommy. So we will try these things and see what happens. As for Logan eating by mouth he is doing OK not eating as much as I would like him to but he is trying his best. He will only eat about half a jar of stage 2 baby food three times a day if we are lucky maybe a full jar three times a day. It is hit and miss with him.
The girls are doing fine in school still trying very hard in Math and Elizabeth is slowly getting there in reading. If I can just get Alicia to stop having meltdowns and tantrums I will be doing great.
Richard is very stressed out about work he found out this morning that they are cutting two more runs and one of the runs is where he goes to Tonopah, NV and if that happens then he will be put on extra board which means if there is anywhere to Drive he will go if not he stays home.
There is no school tomorrow because of staff development day so the girls are spending the night at Grandma's house tonight they are very excited about that they adore there Nana and Papa.
So that is whats happening around our household. Thanks for checking in on us.

3 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Karen -
Sorry I haven't posted in a while:0(Guess being busy with Vaeh... lol)

I'm glad to hear that you're doing better after the hyster. That feeling you described about hurting is the way you know you have to pee... from my experience that WILL go away!! Had the same feeling for about 2 weeks! Feel free to email me all the gory details (been there, done that!) & we can compare storries!

Hope you all have a good weekend. Send some of that "short sleeve" weather my way, will ya?! I'm sure Megan would appreciate some, too!

Jeannie said...

Hi there. I've ben thinking about you but my computer was broken for the last two weeks. I hope it is working now. We'll see. I'm trying to reinstall everything. I hope you are feeling better after your surgery.

The Portas said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel a little bit better finally. You poor thing!

The separation anxiety thing is so tough. Elijah has always and still has it BAD. I'm excited for the day when he trusts us completely that we WILL be back when we say we will. I love the idea about making a book with all the therapists' pictures!