Thursday, September 3, 2009





Well Logan has been home for over a week now and he is doing great. His stomach is back to normal so no X-ray YEAH.

I put him back on his normal feed but still adding a little pedialyte, still giving him prune juice to help him poop but he is just doing awesome. He is starting to get his personality back and slowly starting to sign again. He still can not get into a sitting position from laying down because of his chest but he is scooting all over the place. It's a start...

Tuesday Logan went to the Pediatrician to get his 2 yr shots and check his Iron levels, which is fine. They also checked him for H1N1 virus just because they are checking everyone at the office.

Wednesday we went and saw the Heart Surgeon for a check up and he is healing just fine. We go the end of September to get a chest x-ray to make sure there is no fluid in his lungs and another check up in October.

I have to tell you I got home yesterday from the Doctors and I gave Logan a jar of stage 2 baby food and he ate it all in 5 minutes, then gave him 4oz by g-tube. I did it again later on in the afternoon and he ate so good. His speech therapist from Nevada Early Intervention does not want me giving him any baby food but if he eats it I am going to give it to him. It is a 100 calorie jar so there are calories.

Also he is peeing like a freight train, finally the Lasix is really kicking in now. It must mean the fluid around his heart is gone. I think by the time we go in next Friday for our Echo and EKG he will be taken off of it. I am having to change his diaper every hour. He is getting rid of all that fluid from the surgery.

The girls are doing good, they are looking forward to moving into the new house so they can have there own room and keep asking everyday. From what we were told we are supposed to close tomorrow but I am not holding my breath.

Thanks for checking in on us.

1 comment:

The Portas said...

Logan looks so big and grown up!!! What a cute boy.

I also remember Elijah peeing like crazy for a few weeks after surgery. I think it took 3 or so weeks of being on Lasix before his body caught up and we could stop taking it.

It sounds like Logan is doing just great! Isn't it WONDERFUL to be on "this" side of surgery. AAhhhh!!!

I can't wait to see new house pics! I hope the closing happens quickly and goes smoothly for you guys.

Have a great weekend! xo