Monday, August 31, 2009

Well my hubby went back to work tonight ): I am so sad, I miss him already. It was so nice having all the help, Richard carried Logan everywhere all week long. Because of his Heart surgery we have to pick him up and carry him like a newborn and him being 27lbs is really hard on my back he is so heavy. We have to do this 6-8 weeks until his chest heals or we run the risk of it opening up again and not healing properly.

Saturday Logan's Respite nurse came over while we all went to the Harvest Festival we had a really nice time there were arts and crafts and they had a puppet show for the kids and a tea party the girls loved it.

Sunday we stayed home all day with Logan and loved on him, he is healing real nice, but he has been having a really hard time with constipation ever since he came home last Tuesday. His tummy is bloated and hard and he is just screaming all the time.
So I took him to go see Dr Rhee this afternoon and he told me to vent him more which I already do and give him nothing but Pedialyte for 24 to 48 hours then slowly put him back on his normal feed and if this does not help then they will do a stomach x-ray.
I have been giving him 10cc of prune juice 5x a day to help him poop and it dies help he goes 2-3 times a day and he is still in pain so maybe he is having a hard time adjusting back on his feeds and from being on so much medication. We will see if this helps.

This morning we went over to the Cardiologist to have his Coumadin levels checked and they upped his does again, we go back again Friday to have them checked to make sure he is getting enough.

The girls are doing good, just bringing home alot of homework.
It has been hard getting back in the groove of things, having 3 months off of school was so nice, When we get home from School at 3:30 it is non stop.
The kids have tones of homework then I make Dinner, then we eat dinner then it's time for bath then bed time there is nothing in between. My kids are in bed by 8:30pm if they are not they do not know how to function in the morning and don't want to get out of bed in the morning. UGH

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having to go through so much. We are still praying for all of you!

Love ya!

Ann

Kathy said...

I should just call you..
but, if I forget....how's he doing?
Did you have to take him to get an xray??

The Portas said...

I hope you guys can find your "groove" quickly. It will happen. Times of transition are always a little tough.

I remember having to carry my 25-ish lb baby around like a newborn. That is tough tough tough!! One trick I learned was to put him into a sitting position and then stand behind him and scoop his bottom up in my arms. It worked much better than scooping his head and his butt. You have probably already figured this out so tell me to be quiet! :)

I hope the poop starts to flow! :) Have you tried pear juice?