Friday, October 7, 2011

Logan had his EEG on Monday and we went yesterday to get the results and I was shocked and sad to hear them say his test did not go well. It showed him having a lot of activity (seizures) in the 26 minutes that he was asleep. She showed me all of the spikes and there was a lot. His Seizures are happening at night and who knows how long this has been going on for she could not tell me. Ever since he came home from the Hospital when he was three months old, he has been waking up several times during the night. I asked her could this have been because of the seizures she said probably. He wakes up every night 1-2 times. I thought it was because he was having night terrors, Now to find out it was him having a seizure. She put him on Keppra 2x a day 1.7 ml for one week. Then we up it to 2.5ml 2x a day and see how he does. If he is still waking up during the night he will have to be monitored at home with a device on his head while he is sleeping at night.

When she told me all of this I was so shocked I could not believe it, I was expecting her to say we did not find anything wrong. On the way home I had tears in my eyes. There are side affects to this drug so I am hoping everything will be ok with him. We go back in 4 weeks for another check up.

It's been awhile since I have posted pictures I will try and do this next week.
Thanks for checking in on our family.

2 comments:

The Portas said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news. :( This has to be terribly difficult for you to hear as his mama, especially not knowing how longs it's been going on. Praying for an end to the seizures and for peace for all of you!

BethSpang said...

Thinking of you all! I'm sorry to hear this & I hope this medication help him.