Thursday, October 16, 2008






Elizabeth went and saw Dr. Weingarten Wednesday and we found out she will be having a Bilateral Myringotomy with Tubes and an Adenoidectomy on November 6th. She also had a hearing test done and found out she has a little bit of hearing loss in her right ear. Even with all of the Antibiotics she has been taking she still continues to get infections so this should do the trick. She had tubes put in both ears when she was 3 years old and they fell out about a year ago since then she has been having alot of problems.

Elizabeth is doing a little better in school but not at home when it comes to doing school work she really struggles. I got a letter from her teacher saying that certain kids that need the extra help will study and take different spelling tests than the other students. So because both of my kids need that extra help they will be given different spelling tests. Every Thursday they are given a pretest and if they pass they do not have to take the spelling test on Friday, well today both my kids got a 100% on there pre-spelling test I was so excited for them that was huge they have never received a 100% on a spelling test before. They were so proud of themselves.

Logan had Therapy this morning and he did so good, he sat by himself for 1 minute, I was so excited. His therapist said he should be sitting in no time, I am hoping by Christmas but we will see. He gets to a point were he sits for a very short time then he will throw himself back, his P.T. said it could be behavioral problems. I don't think it is, he is only 14 months old of course he does growl at me :)

My Dad had his surgery Tuesday they removed his Eleventh Rib to get to his Kidney and removed the top half of his Kidney, it was cancer they got it all. He is doing good, he had to have 2 blood transfusions today. He is in a lot of pain, We hope to see him home in a few days.
Richard is doing good, He took last Saturday off and we were able to spend the weekend together as a family it was really nice.
Logan sees his Surgeon Tuesday to talk about having surgery for his Hernia. I am doing good hanging in there just really tired all the time. Have to go, Thanks for checking in on us.

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

Look at him sitting up! That is a huge milestone!

Tina:0) said...

Yay for sitting up! Next thing you know he'll be walking all over the place!

Great news about your Dad & that they got it all. Hopefully they're giving him something good for the pain!

As for the behavioral problems... Vaeh's former OT told me she thought that Vaeh needed a psych assesment because she may have issues. At the time, she wasn't quite one & the only reason she said that was because Vaeh screamed every time one of the therapists came in. Gee, wonder why - she'd only had about 6 surgeries at that point?! Stupid woman... needless to say Vaeh doesn't have 'behavioral issues' like that one said! Logan will be just fine! Tell the PT to cut the kid some slack - geesh!

Hope you have a good weekend... thanks for the prayers!:0)

Kathy said...

Yeah...you sound like you need some of my crack too!
I'll make that my next invention--the wondermom pill--to allow the mom to multitask, to never sleep, to eat without gaining weight, to tan without being in the sun, to clean the house like Mary Poppins...with the blink of an eye...oh, I'm getting so excited just thinking about it!!!

I'm sorry it's been such a busy week (and that I missed your call today)...it's phone tag again!

Mr. Logan will sit up...and good luck with the "no throwing himself back...because Isaac still does it. He can sit up for about 5 minutes..so, it really is baby steps. I don't think it's behavioral either...I know when Isaac does it...he's just too tired to sit up anymore.

I will catch you on the phone...although, I don't want to interupt your family time this weekend.

Have fun with the kids!
kathy

Samantha said...

Wow...look at how big he is! Sitting up like a little champion.

I am happy that your dad got all fixed up and I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

I will keep you all in my thoughts as you find out about all these surgeries etc.

Hang in there and have a great weekend!

Heart Hugs,
Samantha

The Portas said...

I'd be tired all the time, too! Lots going on with you guys.

I will be praying for all of the medical stuff coming up for you all.

A therapist mentioned behavioral-type issues to us once, too, and it was actually surrounding an episode where Elijah threw himself back while we were trying to get him to sit. I knew she was wrong, and she was.

Once Elijah could sit for a minute at a time by himself, it was literally just a week or two until he was sitting all by himself all the time. It will come fast now!

Sending you lots of hugs! Xoxox