Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sorry it has taken me a couple of days to post it has been very hectic around here all weekend. Well Logan went to have his Scope done and they found out he has a Paraesophageal Hernia: Definition is: This occurs when the stomach twists upon itself and moves into the chest alongside the esophagus. Patients may have difficulty swallowing or reflux symptoms. There is a risk for the stomach to loose its blood flow and potentially rupture. If patients have symptoms these should be repaired laparoscopically. Repair by the traditional method through the chest can result in tremendous morbidity.
They also saw some abnormalities on his stomach wall they Biopsied it and I will have the results Wednesday. I already have an appt. to see his G.I. Surgeon on Oct 21st. to see about an operation to remove it. If they are going to operate I will try and talk her into redoing his Fundoplication. This Hernia might be the cause of all his vomiting his G.I Doctor told me. So we will have to wait and see what happens. Sorry to keep this so short but Logan just vomited and I have to go. Thanks for checking in on us. Karen

2 comments:

Kathy said...

They'll fix his little (ok, big) tummy right up! Then, he'll keep all that food down..and then..I don't know how you're going to be able to lift that butterball all day!!!
We should go ahead and order you a back brace...I'll start looking!

See you Tuesday!
Kathy

Tina:0) said...

Glad they found something on the scope that can be fixed! Hopefully this will take care of all the vomiting!