Friday, February 20, 2009

I took Logan to the G.I. Doc this morning and he is concerned a little bit about his weight, because he has not gained any weight in 3 months and has not grown any.
He is 23 lbs 5oz 33inches.
He did have RSV and every time he does it sets him back because he can not eat by mouth that much. He did give me some samples of Boost Essentials which is basically the same thing as Nutren Jr just tastes a little better he gave me Chocolate so we will see if he will take any by mouth. He also gave me samples of Resource Breeze by the makers of Boost it is Juice comes in Peach and Apple. It has alot of calories and this is something you can not get in the store. The Doctor would have to write a Prescription and get it through Option Care. It is 8oz. and contains 250 cal. Logan will take about an ounce a day of his Apple Juice.

Our next stop would be the Hospital. Back in October of last year we were finally able to get some blood work done for Genetics testing well some how Sunrise screwed that up so we went back today to get some blood drawn and let me tell you it was awful. We just left the GI and he screamed the whole time there and now I have to drag him to do blood work the boy hates me I tell you. It took 45 min, 3 people to hold him down and two different Phlebotomist to get his blood. His blood kept on clotting so after several sticks and Logan screaming his head off and Mommy crying they finally got it. I feed him on the way home and put him to bed he is out. It will take about 3 weeks before the results come back.

The girls are doing good, Thursday I met with there Teacher the School Psychologist and one of the Special Ed Teachers. The girls have under gone testing these past few weeks to determine if they can be tested for special Ed if that makes any sense... I went in and they told me they are eligible to have testing based on there test results to see if they qualify for Special Ed. I signed some papers and they start testing today. I will find out in about 4 weeks if they qualify I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Other than that I am feeling alot better starting to get my voice back. Richard starting to come down with a little cold.
I am still working on my scrap booking I had to order more supplies I ran out. It is coming along.
I am going to go and try to take a nap while Logan is sleeping. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

3 comments:

The Portas said...

You guys and your constant sickness! I've never heard of so much gunk in one house, constantly. :( We will say prayers for a healthy house.

The blood draw story about made me cry. We had an experience like that before E's last heart cath. It was HORRIBLE. I will never forget those 30 minutes. :(

Ok, have a great weekend, stay healthy...ALL OF YOU! :) oxxo

Jeannie said...

I hope you get a good nap. Joel broke his femur when he was seven months old so between his six and nine month checkup he didn't gain any weight. We had switched doctors too and the new one didn't know about the broken leg. He freaked out about him not gaining weight and made me start feeding him twice as much. I basically tried to force feed him-big mistake. Joel hated that and has refused to eat pretty much ever since and it has been 10 years. Dumb doctor. All his calories went to healing his leg. I bet without the RSV Logan would have packed on a pound. Dane has stopped gaining weight too. I think it is the age they just stop growing so fast. Hang in there. You are an awesome mom!

Kathy said...

I hope Richard doesn't get too sick.
GEEZ..you can't get rid of the germs!

How did you get blood drawn at the hospital..I have a Labcorp sheet, can I just take that in??

I need to just call you.

Sleep well tonight!

and about his weight...PLEASE..little man has been too sick..he's got some chub, he'll be alright!