Tuesday, February 24, 2009







These pictures of Logan were taken over the weekend, Alicia was twirling something in the air and Logan was laughing so hard I got it on Video and here are some really cute pictures. You notice there is always a pillow behind him so he will not flop back and hit his head.
Everyone is doing really good around here finally everything is getting back to normal as far as every one being healthy. Richard worked this weekend he went to Phoenix, AZ. So as always I went over to my Mom's house to visit her and my Dad all day we also stayed for dinner. Every time Richard is able to work the weekend I always go over my Mom's house to visit all day and have Dinner, Thanks Mom I really enjoy your company and the excellent home cooked meal :)
This morning our wonderful P.T. Nora came out and worked with Logan he did so good he never cryed she was actually able to work with him. I am to work with Logan on getting into a sitting position from laying down, work with him on getting him to stand on his feet (apply some pressure) and work with him on being able to sit on the Big Ball get him used to sitting on it, bouncing and laying on his tummy on it.
Tonight our Nutritionist from N.E.I.S. came over Shirley she is such a sweet person, I really enjoy it when she comes out because she can always get an accurate measure of his height and weight. The last time she was out here was January 8th and at that time Logan was 22lbs 14oz 32 3/4 inches long. Today he is 23lbs 5oz 33 1/4 inches long. He did not gain much weight but he did grow. These numbers are different from last Friday when we went and saw the G.I. Doctor and every Doctor Logan sees they are always measuring different weight and height so it is always nice to have the same person and same scale come out to your home to measure it is always consistent.
Shirley really helped me out on what to feed him for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Right now it is all about the calories he can get in his mouth not the Nutrition she said we can worry about that later down the road. Because what I was feeding him by G-Tube was not enough calories and he has also been sick. Logan just does not want to eat the baby food anymore and who could really blame him after he tried having what we eat and then going back to eat baby food there is just no flavor at all. so I have bumped up his feeds to 7oz four times a day and try and get him to eat by mouth before each Tube feeding. There are food he will east by mouth I just have to find the ones with the highest in calorie. For Breakfast feed him Go-Gert then a tube feed, for Lunch try Cream of chicken, Mushroom any cream soups with lots of calories would be great then a tube feed, Afternoon give him some homemade Chocolate pudding then a tube feed, For Dinner give him Ice Cream, she even said some meat loaf with lots of Ketchup or mashed potatoes. Soft foods that he can eat a lot of in a short period of time because he looses Interest after about 20 minutes because he feels full Shirley said. She said she would also email me some recipes that I could make that are high in calories for Logan. So we will see what happens. I need him nice and plump before his next Heart Surgery.

1 comment:

The Portas said...

Plump that kid right up! :) Those are great ideas for a calorie-rich diet. I never thought of the creamy soups. I wonder if Elijah might like those..

I'm glad you are all feeling much better. After as much sickness as your household has endured, you deserve two solid years of perfect health. At least!

Have a good day...give that cutie hugs for me. oxox