Sunday, February 15, 2009

This has been a very hectic week for us. My Dad had Lumbar Spine Surgery last Monday and they released him from the Hospital Thursday night to transfer him to a Rehab Facility because he is having a hard time walking he gets There and the place is awful it is like a old folks home everything is outdated just awful you have to see it to believe it. My mom has been with him every day all day So I told her I will go Saturday to relieve her, So I was there from 9-5 yesterday and it really broke my heart to see my Dad in that condition I fought so hard not to cry. The nurses there don't do a darn thing so I took care of my Dad all day. And they were over drugging him so they did not have to deal with him My mom told them to cut his meds in half he was so incoherent he has no idea what was going on. Well when I went to see him Saturday he was doing much better he new who I was and where he was. My Brother went there so they could train him on the Therapy so we could get him out of there, Once he peed on his own he was able to go home so finally last night they discharged him on my Mom's request. He is in alot of pain but he is home where my Mom can measure his meds.
Richard is finally feeling better he is able to walk instead of limping around. Because the Infection was so severe he is on 3 different Antibiotics and that is working to clear it all up. He will go back to work on Monday.
The Girls had there Valentine Party Friday at school and of course they brought home lots of goodies for Mommy :)
Logan is doing the same still has a cough and Diarrhea twice a day. He is eating a little bit of food by mouth again.
Friday night Richard took us all out to Olive Garden since he was doing better and we had a really nice dinner with the family. Logan eat very good he had some small pieces of chicken and mashed potatoes. We decided not to bring the stroller in the restaurant to see how he would do just sitting in there highchair and he did great never cryed or fussed of course I bring in my own chair cover because of all the germs. I was really surprised because there Highchair does not have a very high back at all.
I have been so tired lately because of all the stress I get home last night Richard made a Roast so I eat dinner play with the kids for a little bit and sit down to rest on the chair and at 7pm I fell asleep, So Richard woke me up and told me to go to bed so I did and I swear as soon as my head hit the pillow I was gone, until 8am this morning I get awaken by a smoke alarm, I run down stairs and Richard is cooking me breakfast. Just trying to cook to many things at once which created way to much smoke. The Breakfast was Delicious. Thank you Honey.
We will be going over my Parents today for a couple of hours to visit he really wants to see the kids so I told him for a little bit.
This week is going to be very busy Logan has alot of Appt. I will post every day to let everyone know what is going on. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

1 comment:

The Portas said...

Lady, you need a day (at least) of NO STRESS, lots of rest and...no stress! That is prescribed by ME, Dr. Megan.

Wow! Lots of stuff going on for you right now. I'm glad to hear your dad is back home and doing better. That sounds like a horrible place! That's scary. Logan and Richard, keep getting better! Are you ever all healthy at the same time? You poor things.

I'm glad you enjoyed Richard's breakfast. How sweet of him. Now that is a good hubby you've got there.. Have a healthy, stress-free day today! xoxox