Thursday, July 30, 2009



















We are finally home. This has been a really hard day. We got to the hospital at 5:15am and sat in Surgery waiting for 2 hours and the entire time Logan was screaming his head off he new what was going to happen to him and I felt so bad I started crying with him.

My Mom watched the girls so I was all by myself which was really hard for me.
He finally went in for the Cath @ 8am, It took 3 hours to do the procedure because while they were in there they went and did a Coil Embolization.

Coil Embolization is a nonsurgical (but invasive) catheterization procedure where small, thin metal coils are placed through a catheter to close an unwanted communication between the aorta and pulmonary artery.

This procedure had to be done in order to prepare him for his Fontan Heart Surgery.

He was in recovery for 6 hours and to keep him still they had to constantly give him Demerol and Versed.
They gave him a prescription for Keflex so he will not get an infection.

I just put him to bed, He is doing ok. When I got home I gave him half pedialyte and half formula since he has not eaten all day. Here are a few pictures of him. I just feel so sad for my little man.
Thank you everyone so much for your prayers.

2 comments:

Tina:0) said...

I'm sure you give him a day or two & he'll bounce back!! Vaeh had a coil placed in one of the collaterals that they were unable to move during her unifocalization. Didn't really seem to phase her!

Hope your weekend shapes up & Mr. Logan is feeling better!

The Portas said...

I understand this sadness sooo well. :( Cath days/hospital days are just no fun for anyone. They are super draining and they always leave me with a lingering sadness for what my boy endures.

My heart goes out to you guys! Prayers for you all today. xo