Thursday, August 13, 2009














Well here are some of the pictures that got taken at Picture People on Saturday it took him about 10 minutes to warm up after that he was off....
Sunday we celebrated his birthday he really enjoyed his cake we just cut him a piece and put it on his highchair and let him go at it, I will post more pictures tomorrow of that. His sisters helped him open his presents, we had a really nice time.
Then Monday I woke up with a really bad head cold and have been feeling crappy ever since. I take naps during the day when Logan does. I got a cold from Alicia but hers is not that bad at all and she is doing fine.
So I send Richard to CVS on Monday afternoon to get me some meds and on the way there my car starts acting up again yes again so he takes it over to the Auto Shop, the same thing is happening that happened last time we know it is the electrical and they told us they would not even look at it until next week I was like what and I better not have to pay another $330 to get it fixed again, I am just so upset.
Also Logan's Heart Surgery is being moved up to next Thursday the 20th. He will be the second one so he will not get operated on until around 1pm and it takes 3-5 hours and by the time he gets a room it will be around 8pm.
The reason I had it moved up was because I got a letter from medicaid saying that Logan will no longer be covered as of August 31st, and as you know that is one hefty bill, that is his secondary insurance. Now I have to apply for Katie Becket and I don't even now if he will get that. So by doing this we are saving alot of money.
I just am really stressed out having to deal with everything at once the New home, me being sick, still have lots to pack, car broke down again and Logan's surgery so close. I just feel so overwhelmed. I am doing everything I can to keep Logan healthy.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I'll call you tomorrow and help you through the Katie Beckett paper work.. he'll qualify because of the gtube.

You'll have to keep reminding me about his surgery date...ahh...it's so close!

I LOVE his pics. I need to get off my bum and get my boys in!
Hope you're feeling better!

The Portas said...

Oh Karen. :( I can sense the anxiety through your post. This is A LOT to have on your plate at once. When it rains, it pours, huh?

Just know that you are never tested beyond your means. This "storm" shall pass! In the meantime, we will continue to pray for you and your family. Think of how wonderful it will for Logan to have a fixed heart and for you all to be in your new home (and with a working vehicle). Ahhhh!!!