Thursday, November 19, 2009









OK so you are going to have to listen to me Rant.

Elizabeth has been having problems hearing lately she also has tubes in her ear so she was supposed to have a Doctors Appt. today at 4:30 so I pick her up after school and we get on the freeway at 3:30 and not even half way to the Doctors office we run in to some heavy traffic, so I am sitting in bumper to bumper traffic it took me 30 minuets to go 3 miles, so I call the Doctors office and tell them I will be running late what is the latest I can come in she says 4:45 I am like OK that gives me 45 minuets maybe I can make it, But I am still sitting and not moving so I turn on the radio and the traffic report comes on and says it is backed up and the accident is another 20 miles away so at this point it is 4:30 and there is no way I am going to make it so I call them and tell them I am going to have to reschedule for another day. I then turn around and sit in more traffic, I finally get home after sitting on the freeway for 1 1/2 hours. I got home and I was so stressed from sitting in the car because the kids are back there fighting back and fourth screaming because they are hungry, fighting because one is copying the other, And of course Logan has to pipe in and let me know how he is feeling.
So this afternoon was very stressful. Thank goodness I had dinner sitting in a crock pot.

Anyway the first part of the day went great, Our Wonderful P.T. Nora came over this morning with her she brought in a stander she put Logan in it and he just loved it, you can tell by the pictures. She thinks he will not need it that long so she is going to try and get me a loner after that we can move on to a walker. I am really excited about getting him the stander he did great. I think he was so excited because he felt like a big boy. He just had a really good sesson with her, after therapy was over they were playing together and Logan was laughing he just adores Nora.

I have some good news to share Logan got approved for Katie Becket which is Medicaid (they pay for all his medical expenses because of his Disability). This is really going to help us out. I will now be able to get all the equipment I need for him.

I have some more good news Richard got his bid run back, It will start next week. Now he will be able to work every day we hope, At least this will ensure him keeping his job through the winter which is the slow season.

4 comments:

The Portas said...

Logan looks like such a BIG BOY standing there! I love it!

Great news about Richard's work!

The traffic thing I can relate to. We deal with a lot of traffic here in Mpls and it has taught me huge amounts of patience. Every time I get home after sitting in traffic I want to open a bottle of wine!

Have a great weekend. Hugs to you all! xo

Tina:0) said...

Sorry to hear you had such a stressful afternoon... traffic, ugh!

Logan looks GREAT standing up in the stander! He looks ready to run & take off!!

Hope you all have a less stressful weekend!

Jeannie said...

I love that he looks so happy!

Anonymous said...

Very exciting to see Logan in these pics! Also, great to hear the good news about Richard. Wish we could see you guys soon. Have a great Thanksgiving. It looks like we all have so much to be thankful for this year! Love, Ann