Friday, January 22, 2010









Sorry it has been so long since my last post, I have had family in town almost all week and I have loved every minute of it. I was very sad to see my cousins leave :(

First off lets back up to last Friday the 15th. Logan had P.T. and he did so good using his left hand to pick up blocks, kicking the blocks with his foot and using the walker. He will take steps with support and he is doing so much better in Therapy.

He did have P.T. today and is so tired he cried alot and was very mad at the therapist for making him use his legs, so when it was time to go home I go and put his jacket on and Logan lightly hits me and then leans over and starts to cry. He did try his very best today. The pictures above are from last week.

My cousins drove in this past Saturday and left Wednesday. We had such a great time Monday the girls had no school so we all went to Chili's for lunch and then made a trip to Down Town Las Vegas so they could shop at the Worlds Biggest gift shop. The rest of the time they were here was spent visiting and scrap booking which Laura is very good at, I think she is better than I am. I will post some pictures of my layouts another day. We would scrap book for hours and hours. Richard watched the kids most of the weekend so we were able to scrapbook non-stop.

I had such a great time this week and when they left Wednesday I was very sad it was so quite in the house. I always love it when family comes to visit me:) Thanks again Laura and Ashley for coming down to see me you are welcome any time. I look forward to seeing you again in June for the girls Birthday.

The kids are doing really good and healthy YEAH. Alicia did have a Doctors appt. Tuesday to see if she has A.D.D. The Teachers, Richard and myself had to fill out some paperwork to determine if she does, and when the Doctor read the responses he said it was off the chart she defiantly has A.D.D. so he gave us a month supply of Strattera. He said this drug has less side affects then the others and works really good. She starts off on a low dose and every week it gets higher 10mg, 18mg, 25mg then 40mg which will be the does she will take. It has only been 3 days and I do see a slight improvement the Doctor said it will take 2-3 weeks to really see changes. We go back in a month for a check up to fill out more questioners to see if the medication is working.

Richard is going to try and work this weekend so I am having Logan's respite nurse come over Saturday afternoon to watch him. I thought I would take the girls to the movies and then to dinner get some Mommy and Daughter time in. The girls don't know yet it is going to be a surprise. It has been awhile since we have had time with just us girls. So I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks for checking in on our family...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Logan looks like he is doing amazing at therapy! I'm glad the doctors diagnosed Alicia so she can get on the appropriate meds.

The Portas said...

YAY for progress and health and family time! I'm so glad you guys have had a good couple of days. You deserve that! Have a great week.