Monday, December 20, 2010

I have been meaning to post all week long but it has been very crazy around here, I am about to leave to take Logan to his GI Doc for a check up and I thought I would post really quick more to follow tomorrow.

Last Tuesday night I had to take Logan to the ER he was scooting up the stairs like he always does and this time he decided to stand up and he fell down I could not get to him in time. When I did he was crying and holding his left arm, just to be safe and so I could sleep at night I took him to the Hospital and they did an X-Ray and found out he had a Buckle Break at his left wrist. He did break it but not all the way so they put it in a splint and I called his Ortho the next day and they got him in. The but a cast on and said it would be on for 3 weeks and to have no extra activity for 5 weeks. We go back January 7th to have it taken off. I felt so bad I was crying, I felt like such an awful Mom. SO from now on he is not allowed on the stairs no exceptions.

And it seems like since he has had this cast on he is getting into everything and I mean everything opening drawers in the kitchen getting into my purse on the counter. Getting into everything he can get his hands on, I never sit down because as soon as I do he is into something. HE has become quite the handful lately.

Oh and every time you tell him to do something he says WHY he is in that stage now everything is WHY WHY WHY... He is also taking more steps every day. HE is always using his walker. He is just amazing me every day.. OK that is enough bragging for one day :) I will post pictures tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

oh Karen...poor thing. (you and Logan).

I'll call you tomorrow.
BUT...you need to know that Logan is walking and doing FAR more than Sir Isaac. and talking...
oh my gosh...I can't wait for Isaac to start blabbing at me instead of yelling at me.

BethSpang said...

Poor guy! And no you are NOT a bad mother! You are a wonderful mother! Who would do anything for your kids. And you do! Kids get hurt, it's just one of the hazards of parenting :)

Jeannie said...

I can make you feel better...when Joel was 7 months I turned my back on him for a second and he rolled off the changing table and broke his femur. When Kyla was 3 1/2 she broke her lega t a birthday party. The day she got her cast off, she was limping aroung at home and tripped on the area rug. I thought nothing of it and figured she was limping so bad because she just got her cast off. When we went for the 6 week follow up, I mentioned it to the doctor. They did an x-ray and found out she had broken her ankle. Yep! I made her walk around on a broken ankle for 6 weeks. :) See you feel better now, huh!