Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Logan has been seeing an immunologist for a few months now. Thanks to the referral of his cardiologist. The doctor ordered a complete blood work up of his immune system. The results showed that his immune system was a little low so we went back into the office and Logan had a pneumonia shot. Three weeks later went back to labcorp to get blood work done. Last week was Logan's appointment with Dr. Wilson at University of Nevada School of Medicine. Let me start by saying he is an amazing doctor and I highly recommend him. The pneumonia shot worked it boosted his immune system!  Now he is less susceptible to getting viruses and the shot will last a very long time.
They also did a functional Cilia biopsy test and everything came back normal. Next was a environmental allergy test on his back, found out he has no allergies.

I was telling Dr. Wilson about Logan and everything that has been going on with him neurologically and that I wanted to get a second opinion and if he knew anybody that could help. He said he knew a neurologist in Henderson and she's a very good doctor she studied at John Hopkins.  Her name is Dr. Ahad and that she is very hard to get into, over a four month wait. I got home and he personally called me to tell me that he made an appointment for Logan for next week I couldn't believe it. I am so excited!!

Logan does already have an appointment with Dr. Maller to go in and have a 24 hour at home EEG on June 3rd.  We went this morning to LabCorp to have blood work done to check his seizure levels. 
His medication still needs to be adjusted and or changed. After he gets his meds in the morning he is so tired and wants to take a nap everyday. And some days after he has his meds and g-tube feeding he gets up and is very unstable and then throws up and is extremely tired and I have no idea why. With this EEG I am hoping to get some answers or at least with seeing this new doctor.

No comments: